Monday, July 26, 2010

Regarding the Men Who Killed Kyser

Here's a great opportunity to channel some unbridled hatred for the humans that senselessly ended my brother's life earlier this year.

Go ahead. Rage away. Wish them misery. Do you feel better now?

I don't.

Your hatred doesn't help me. It doesn't help Kyser. It probably doesn't help you either.

So your other option is to love and forgive. If you're like most people I've talked to in the last 24 hours, you've found many convenient reasons not to choose this option. Consider it anyway.

You can choose to see nearly anything in the pictures below. I see human beings. They have hearts and brains just like you and I do. They chose to use them differently, but that doesn't make them less human.


So. Go love somebody, despite the inconvenience, and meet me back here on a brighter day.

-Harry Miree
Fellow Human